Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Girls Weekend

I have had the opportunity twice in the last month and a half to go down to St. George to run races, and have a girls weekend. We had such a great time! It was really nice to get away, and get a break! I think that is only the second or third time I have ever been a way over night with out any of my kids. I love them to death, but we all now how much an occasional break is needed. Anyway the one this last weekend was a like a small Wasatch Back. Instead of 178 miles from Logan to Park City, it was only 50 miles. There were 5 of us, and we each ran two legs ranging from 4-6 miles. We ended up taking third, and doing a lot better then we thought we would. It was there first year doing this race, so they definitely need to make some improvements like better signs showing directions (I ended up taking a little detour on one of my runs, and getting a little lost), but all in all it was fun and I would consider doing it again! Here are a few pictures of the trip.



2 comments:

Candice said...

I think we totally need to do it again, even with all the crappy signs and stuff - it's gotta get better right?!?
I had fun with you girls. You are awesome! B-ball next Tues? 7pm Please?!?

Jeannie Barclay said...

You guys rock! How fun to get to have a break! Congrats for taking 3rd!